|Dear NLSJ Community,
We hope you are well and taking care of yourself and that you make time to ground and connect with communities that are supportive as you adjust to all that is present.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is unlikely we will have our intensive as we had originally intended. There is still a lot up in the air, and we as a team are exploring other options.
We would like to offer you a hybrid intensive in place of the original “in person” 7-day NLSJ intensive.
There would be two components to our next NLSJ intensive:
- Part A: an online component scheduled for a weekend at the end of July 2020
- Part B: an in-person component, once it is safe to meet in person, lasting 3-4 days that would provide the vital in-person connection that is the core of our work
We will send more information as plans are finalized for each component. We hope that these changes offer increased access and flexibility for participants as we adjust to our changing reality.
We have a request of you: To help the team know how these changes to NLSJ 2020 land with you, we would appreciate your responses to the following questions. We ask that you share your responses with us by clicking on this link and completing the survey: https://forms.gle/vA8SsFBRJpfRh9Rd8
- Prior to the pandemic, were you planning on attending NLSJ this year?
- If we have an online offering over a weekend in July 2020, would you likely participate?
- What is your biggest concern about moving into an online/in-person hybrid format?
- What do you feel is the biggest benefit of virtual meetups?
- Do you have any tips or expertise in online learning/teaching that you would be glad to offer our process?
- What do you anticipate might get in the way of you participating in this hybrid format?
Sending warmth, peace and love to you and your beloved communities. May you stay healthy and connected to yourselves and one another as we move through this together.